Friday 14 June 2019

Lake Daniell

Lake Daniell Responses

On Wednesday the 12th of June, Room 8 & 1 went on a
tramp to Lake Daniell. I went with my dad, he came
along as well. In my car group was Summer & Aimee, my
dad stopped at the petrol station and got us some Lollies!
Everyone stopped at Reefton for a toilet stop. Everyone went exploring and there was a BMX track. Ms Kemp called all of
us back in then we started to drive again.

When we got to the Marble Hill car park by Lake Daniell
we had to wait for the other cars to arrive.Before we
started the
walk we did a number off to know that everyone is here.
We started to walk and the nature was really fascinating.
We had a scavenger hunt to do and in my group was Jennae
& Brighid. The scavenger hunt was really hard. There was a
Long Tailed bat on there but they sleep during the day.
There was also a Blue duck, these birds are endangered.

Later on in the tramp we were super close to the hut & the
lake. When we got there Summer put her go-pro in the water
and it was so clear. We ate lunch, and went on the Jeti and
started to walk back.

As we were walking back Dakota showed me the Ice Cream
Plant you can eat. But the thing is that it is
the opposite of Ice Cream, it’s super spicy and burns
your tongue.
It was horopito!

I held back a bit to hang with my dad, we talked a lot,
it was really fun having my dad on the tramp.

When we got back we had to wait 20 minutes for the boys to
get there because they were taking super long but they were
going at their own pace. When we got back to school at 5:30ish,
everyone was super sore and ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.